Call it electronic or electric cars, these are one and the same thing. Although we see such cars becoming popular all around the world, the key idea behind its popularity is the environmental solutions and the Indian market too has the same. Of late, there seems to be a good demand for such cars. Reports suggest that there has been an increase in its sales in the past two years. The market has witnessed a 20 percent of sales increase, which is incredible to share with others. Due to the sudden delay in the interest, one can see the manufacturers coming up with battery-operated options. If you remain in the market, you can find some of the best electric cars in India. How about checking some of the best electric cars in India in the following paragraphs:
Tata Nexon EV – This car comes up with a 3 Phase Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor, along with some impressive EV SUVs. Backed with a Li-ion Polymer battery, it helps in giving you the best of the feature of cooling offered by the liquid that offers a decent temperature balance. The following are the features, in a nutshell, how about checking it:
- Battery Capacity – 30.2kWh
- Recharge Time – 0-80% charge in an hour seeking the help of a fast charger.
- Distance per Charge – 312 km/full charge
It has been an award-winning car, getting the Subcompact SUV of the Year Award at the 2018 edition of NDTV’s Car and Bike Awards.
MG ZS EV – This is among the British-based MG brands that give you the best EV and it can count a couple of electric cars in the country that remains the best. It is fuelled with a similar kind of motor called Tata Nexon EV. The SUV comes up with an impressive design and it comes up with some cool features like a 448-liter boot space, power-assisted electric steering and diamond-cut machined alloy wheels. It adds up to a good torque of 353 Nm. The following is the list of features in a nutshell:
- Battery Capacity – 44.5kWh
- Distance per Charge– 340km/full charge
- Recharge Time – Fast charging in 50 minutes. The normal charge takes 6-8 hours.
- Price – Starting from Rs.20.88 lakh.
Tata Tigor EV – This comes next in this list and it is powered with a 3 phase AC induction motor, which is often found in the electric sedan and it comes up mostly in Egyptian Blue and Pearlescent White color options. The following are the features of the car:
- Power- 40bhp from this vehicle, with a torque of 105 Nm.
- Battery Capacity – 21.5kWh
- Distance per Charge – 142km/full charge
- Recharge Time – Fast charging in 90 minutes and normal charging in six hours.
- Price – Starting from Rs.9.54 lakh.
Hyundai Kona Electric – This car is equipped with an advanced kind of PMSM and is regarded as the best electric vehicle in India. It gives around 100kmph in just under 10 seconds. The following are the
- Battery Capacity – 39.2kWh
- Distance per Charge – 452km/full charge
- Recharge Time – 57-minute fast charging and normal charging in six hours.
The car is an award-winning vehicle and it has won the best Electronic Vehicle of the Year Award at the 2019 Tech and Auto Awards.